The Institute began training operations in 1968 under the name Uganda Institute of Public Administration. The official opening of the Institute was held on October 7, 1969. In the initial years the Institute was mandated to conduct intensive in-service training to quickly develop a cadre of Africans to assume higher responsibilities consequent upon the attainment of independence in 1962.
UMI maintains an outreach center in the western Ugandan city of Mbarara, 160 miles (260 km) west of Kampala. The Center is located in the Mbarara District Administration Building at Kamukuzi, Mbarara and offers various short courses and postgraduate diploma programs. Using state-of-the-art pedagogical technology, the Center is linked to the main UMI campus, in Kampala via a virtual face-to-face video conferencing facility that complements well with the programe delivery methods.
UMI offers the following courses at the main campus in Kampala. Some of the courses are also offered at the two outreach centers, one in Mbarara and the other in Gulu. Not all courses are available at the outreach centers.
Uganda Management Institute,
- uganda management institute short courses
- uganda management institute short courses 2013
- umi short courses 2013
- uganda management Institute
- uganda management institute admissions
- uganda management institute short courses 2012
- umi uganda short courses
- uganda management institute kampala
- Uganda Management Institute Courses Available
- short courses at IMSAT UGANDA